The Chaleun Sekong Energy Company Limited
As a developer of a hydropower projects, we recognize and agree that good construction management is accountable for all health and safety activities related to construction. The health and safety philosophy of every project is to build confident personnel, reducing damage to property, and to create a friendly environment to work and live in, to create an environment that is safe and comfortable throughout the construction period. In the framework of hydropower construction, the project developer has promised and is committed to maintain the project to this standard. Here are some tips to help get the most out of health and safety:
Safety is one of the most important factors to consider for project construction work.
All accidents must be prevented and protected against;
All work must be planned and carried out with regard to health and safety regulations.
Health and safety is the responsibility of all departments in project management.
Identification or reduction of occupational hazards is important.
The various stages of the work must be monitored closely to find and eliminate hazards and unhealthy practices.
Clear and concise instructions and regulations must be provided for all work to be done.
The workplace must be improved to be safe for all employees.
- Use staff who are trained and have the appropriate qualifications.
- Emergency measures must be taken and emergency medical care provided in the event of an accident in the workplace.
- The cause must be investigated and appropriate measures taken to prevent a recurrence of other similar accidents.
- Lao PDR laws must be complied with along with company policies and safe work procedures.
- Goals must be set to avoid accidents and to target zero accidents.
- The Project Manager is responsible for all health and safety activities at project construction site.
- All people working on the project will work together to develop and maintain the level of safety required. Attention must be paid by each individual to their own safety and that of all employees.